Flu vaccine is here!
Dr. Hirsch as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) strongly recommend that everybody be vaccinated against the flu, especially young children and infants age 6 months and older.
- WALK-UP OUTDOOR FLU CLINICS: To keep you and your family as safe as possible during COVID, we will schedule multiple walk-up outdoor “COVID safe” September and October clinics in the outdoor courtyard next to our office.
- Your child and siblings may still receive the flu vaccine at their previously scheduled check-ups.
- Due to our office COVID-19 safety precautions, at this time to maintain less patient traffic in our office we will not be scheduling any in-office flu vaccine appointments. Please contact us if your child did not or cannot receive their flu vaccine at one of our many outdoor clinics to be scheduled in September and October and does not have an upcoming check-up.
SEPTEMBER CLINIC DATES
** Note: MCPS no school day: Thursday, September 16th: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM)
Saturday, September 18th: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Thursday, September 23rd: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Thursday, September 30th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
OCTOBER CLINIC DATES
Thursday, October 7th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Monday, October 11th: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Tuesday, October 12th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Thursday, October 14th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Sunday, October 17th: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- For most patients there is no additional charge for the flu vaccine.
- Flumist nasal spray vaccine may also be available in limited supply for children age 2 and older.
- Children ages 6 months through 8 years who have never received the flu vaccine before will need 2 doses separated by 1 month. Children who are at least 9 years old will only need 1 dose regardless of previous vaccination history.
- You may get the flu vaccine at any time before or after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Adults and caregivers can also receive the flu vaccine at Hirsch Pediatrics but must be related to a current Hirsch Pediatrics patient. While supplies last any adult and caregiver can receive the same flu vaccine for $45. Reimbursement Note: Hirsch Pediatrics is able to offer the flu vaccine to adults and caregivers as a courtesy. By receiving your flu vaccine at Hirsch Pediatrics, you agree to pay the above noted cost and will not submit this to your insurance for in-network reimbursement. For non-patients, any insurance contracted or reduced amounts will not apply. Should you prefer to pay a reduced rate (i.e. co-pay), you must contact your own primary care physician or other health clinic to receive the vaccine.
- Questions about why you should get the flu vaccine and typical vaccine side effects risks? Click here for the CDC Flu Vaccine Information Statement.