Flu vaccine is here!
Dr. Hirsch as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) strongly recommend that everybody be vaccinated against the flu, especially young children and infants age 6 months and older.
- WALK-UP OUTDOOR FLU CLINICS were a great success! To keep you and your family as safe as possible during COVID, we recently completed twelve walk-up outdoor “COVID safe” September and October clinics.
- Your child and siblings may still receive the flu vaccine at their previously scheduled check-ups.
- Due to our office COVID-19 safety precautions, at this time to maintain less patient traffic in our office we will not be scheduling any in-office flu vaccine appointments. Please contact us if your child did not receive their flu vaccine at one of our twelve outdoor clinics and does not have an upcoming check-up.
OCTOBER CLINIC DATES
DONE Friday, October 9th: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Friday, October 16th: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Sunday, October 18th: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
DONE Wednesday, October 21st: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
DONE Friday, October 30th: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
SEPTEMBER CLINIC DATES
DONE Wednesday, September 16th: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
DONE Friday, September 18th: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Wednesday, September 23rd: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
DONE Friday, September 25th: 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Saturday, September 26th: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
DONE Monday, September 28th: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
DONE Wednesday, September 30th: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- For most patients there is no additional charge for the flu vaccine other than your normal visit copay.
- Children ages 6 months through 8 years who have never received the flu vaccine before will need 2 doses separated by 1 month. Children who are at least 9 years old will only need 1 dose regardless of previous vaccination history.
- Adults and caregivers can also receive the flu vaccine at Hirsch Pediatrics but must be related to a current Hirsch Pediatrics patient. While supplies last any adult and caregiver can receive the same flu vaccine for $45. Reimbursement Note: Hirsch Pediatrics is able to offer the flu vaccine to adults and caregivers as a courtesy. By receiving your flu vaccine at Hirsch Pediatrics, you agree to pay the above noted cost and will not submit this to your insurance for in-network reimbursement. For non-patients, any insurance contracted or reduced amounts will not apply. Should you prefer to pay a reduced rate (i.e. co-pay), you must contact your own primary care physician or other health clinic to receive the vaccine.
- Questions about why you should get the flu vaccine and typical vaccine side effects risks? Click here for the CDC Flu Vaccine Information Statement.