Flu vaccine is here! Please send us a portal message if your child still needs a flu vaccine.
Dr. Hirsch as well as the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) strongly recommend that everybody be vaccinated against the flu, especially young children and infants age 6 months and older.
- WALK-UP OUTDOOR FLU CLINICS: To keep you and your family as safe as possible during COVID, we will schedule multiple walk-up outdoor “COVID safe” clinics in the outdoor courtyard next to our office.
- Your child and siblings may still receive the flu vaccine at their previously scheduled check-ups.
- Please contact us if your child still needs a flu vaccine and were unable to come to any of our flu vaccine clinics. Flu vaccine nurse visit appointments with limited wait time can be scheduled Monday to Friday both morning and afternoon.
SEPTEMBER CLINIC DATES
DONE ** Note: MCPS no school day: Thursday, September 16th: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (closed 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM)
DONE Saturday, September 18th: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
DONE Thursday, September 23rd: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Thursday, September 30th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
OCTOBER CLINIC DATES
DONE Thursday, October 7th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Monday, October 11th: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
DONE Tuesday, October 12th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Thursday, October 14th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Sunday, October 17th: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
DONE Thursday, October 28th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
DONE Friday, October 29th: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
NOVEMBER CLINIC DATES
DONE Wednesday, November 10th: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM (INDOOR CLINIC)
DONE Thursday, November 11th until Tuesday, November 23rd flu clinics Monday – Thursday from 3:00 PM – 5:00 (8 INDOOR CLINICS)
For most patients there is no additional charge for the flu vaccine.
- Flumist nasal spray vaccine may also be available in limited supply for children age 2 and older.
- Children ages 6 months through 8 years who have never received the flu vaccine before will need 2 doses separated by 1 month. Children who are at least 9 years old will only need 1 dose regardless of previous vaccination history.
- You may get the flu vaccine at any time before or after getting a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Parents of current patients can also receive the flu vaccine at Hirsch Pediatrics. As of January 1, 2022, Hirsch Pediatrics will offer flu vaccine to BOTH PATIENTS AND PARENTS AS AN IN-NETWORK BENEFIT (usually covered at 100% by your insurance).
- Questions about why you should get the flu vaccine and typical vaccine side effects risks? Click here for the CDC Flu Vaccine Information Statement.